Home » Pennsic, Sewing » Fitted Breeches for My Pirate

Fitted Breeches for My Pirate

Little Boy Breeches

Today’s Garb-A-Day project is pants. So far I’ve made Alexander a pair of linen, fitted breeches to go with his Elizabethan shirt. They aren’t necessarily constructed in any historical manner — I doubt they will last that long knowing my kid anyway. I also made them exactly to his size, rather than a bit larger, as I didn’t want his pants falling down on him while he was playing! I think they look quite nice, though.

I got the directions on how to make these fitted breeches from Dawn’s Costume Guide — I simply used a pair of Alexander’s pants as a guide for the measurements. I used drawstrings for the waist and legs rather than buttons or snaps, just to give us more flexibility.

Oh … and Alexander likes them! And he’s already managed to get a grass stain on ’em. That’s my kid!

As for the other pair of pants I wanted to make today (for Gregor), I’m still waiting on a style and measurements. I think we’re leaning toward linen, full-length pants with a drawstring waist, such as those found at these links:

http://www.al-barran.org/newcomers/pants.php

http://www.caitlinsclothing.com/generic.html#Generic%20Pants

http://www.linengarb.com/all/linen-pants.html

 

Pennsic, Sewing , ,

No Comments to “Fitted Breeches for My Pirate”

Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)